Windows 10 Accidentally Formatted An SD Card, Need Help

crevice

I did it. I was in a hurry and accidentally formatted a 200Gb Micro SD card in my external slot of my Android phone. It had every type of file you can imagine on it. Videos, Pics, PDFs, Word Documents, Rar, Zip & 7z files... and more. About 110Gb of data.

There are so many reviews that are sponsored, it's hard to find consensus on what the best software options are whether free/open source (preferred), and paid.

The second I did it I I turned off the phone and removed the card to try to prevent data being written to the card. I now plan to use Windows 10 Pro as my work bench for trying to fix this.

Suggestions?

I did it. I was in a hurry and accidentally formatted a 200Gb Micro SD card in my external slot of my Android phone. It had every type of file you can imagine on it. Videos, Pics, PDFs, Word Documents, Rar, Zip & 7z files... and more. About 110Gb of data.

There are so many reviews that are sponsored, it's hard to find consensus on what the best software options are whether free/open source (preferred), and paid.

The second I did it I I turned off the phone and removed the card to try to prevent data being written to the card. I now plan to use Windows 10 Pro as my work bench for trying to fix this.

Suggestions?
You might try checking with @simrick. She knows a lot about such things. I haven't seen her over here, but she's on TenForums.com.

As long as you haven't started copying data to it there shouldn't be a problem recovering. Basically all a format does is marks all allocated space as useable and generally leaves all the data there.

This is one of my go-to recovery programs which is free
It is text based but still fairly easy to navigate.

Removing the SD card and stopping any further data writes is crucial. For recovery, there are both free and paid professional data recovery software options available. These tools can help you scan the SD card and hopefully recover your lost files. Just remember to avoid saving any new data to the card until you've recovered what you need.

Back